Automate Sales Tax with AvaTax
WooCommerce has partnered with the sales tax experts at Avalara to provide WooCommerce sellers around the world with a tax calculation extension that is easy-to-implement and easy-to-use. Simply turn on AvaTax, and the accurate tax rate is applied – automatically.
Need an AvaTax account from Avalara?
How to Get Started
- Download and install the AvaTax extension
- Contact Avalara to purchase an AvaTax account (if you don’t already have one)
- Log in to your AvaTax account to get your Account Number and License Key
- Input your Account Number and License Key within your WooCommerce settings
- Set up and save your tax codes and settings for your store
How It Works
Avalara’s integration with WooCommerce does the heavy lifting. Helping your business calculate rates, manage exemption certificates, prepare returns, and more. You can read our documentation here.
Improve rate accuracy – Avalara verifies addresses with rooftop accuracy across more than 13,000+ U.S. tax jurisdictions.
Better assess tax obligations in each state and country – Avalara’s solution tracks your economic nexus tax liabilities in where you’re potentially obligated to collect.
Easily manage taxability rules across a vast product inventory – Avalara updates a vast catalog of product taxability rules in order to apply the appropriate tax across thousands of SKUs.
Streamline aggregation of omni-channel sales transaction data- Avalara automates the collection of sales transaction data from e-commerce, marketplaces, accounting, and business applications for tax preparation and filing.
Address the global market with confidence – Avalara calculates customs duties and import taxes in real time, reducing the risk of costly penalties, delays, and customers being surprised with unexpected costs
Stay confidently compliant when expanding across borders – The WooCommerce Connector now supports VAT calculation on B2C and B2B domestic and cross-border transactions for EU countries.
Digitally organize and manage your exemption certificates – Avalara Exemption Certificate Management collects exemption certificates at checkout, applies exemptions automatically, and helps you to easily track and maintain your certificates and documents.
Remove the manual drain of filing and remittance – When it’s time to file, you can reconcile and pay one amount. Avalara works with state and local governments to file and pay on your behalf.
Free Sales Tax Risk Assessments and Tools
If you do business in multiple states and/or countries it’s important to know if you need to register to collect and file sales tax. Learn more from our helpful tools:
- Are you aware of your potential sales tax obligations? Take this free Sales Tax Risk Assessment to help find out.
- Not sure if Avalara is right for you? Check out our free ROI calculator.
- Want to learn about this year’s tax changes for the retail industry? 2023’s report is now live!
- Sales Tax 101 with Avalara: Confused about how to charge sales tax, or if you even have to? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Documentation and Support Information
- You can learn more about installing and configuring Avalara AvaTax in the documentation.
- If you already have an Avalara account, you can reach support through your account or one of these alternate ways.
AvaTax provides a seamless integration with Avalara’s tax calculation and management services. You can easily and automatically get and charge the appropriate tax rates for your store based on your origin address and your customers’ addresses and manage all tax reporting in your AvaTax dashboard. AvaTax is available for merchants in almost every country.