It is unfortunate, but true, that fraudulent transactions fuel a large sector of the eCommerce industry. To safeguard your customers and minimize potential risks, prompt action is crucial. When a fraudulent transaction or a velocity attack is made via your online store, it is of paramount importance to act swiftly use WooCommerce Anti-fraud for fraud prevention to (a) ensure your customers aren’t affected and (b) minimise hassles for you, as the store owner.
Introducing WooCommerce Anti-Fraud – your powerful ally in the fight against fraudulent transactions. It’s the best fraud prevention software for online businesses! Using WooCommerce Anti-Fraud’s payment fraud prevention tools, is designed to help you pick up fraudulent transactions & credit card fraud and catch them as they happen. This plugin scans and blocks fraudulent activities in real time. It assesses every transaction on your online store with advanced scoring rules, providing peace of mind and safeguarding your business.
NEW! Customer Identity Verification- Introducing Trust Swiftly Integration: Elevate Your Fraud Prevention Strategy
In our continuous pursuit to arm our WooCommerce store owners with the finest tools against e-commerce deceit, we’re thrilled to announce our latest update for extended fraud prevention – the integration of Trust Swiftly.
This integration ensures that not only are fraudulent activities caught, but genuine customers are also swiftly verified. Get more advanced fraud prevention with WooCommerce Anti-Fraud’s Trust Swiftly integration. Stay vigilant and fortify your store’s defenses today!
This WooCommerce plugin is ideal for store owners who want to:
- Automatically block or pause fraudulent orders.
- Easily view risks and warnings associated with each order
- Receive notifications when a fraudulent or unsafe order is placed.
- Check customers behind proxy or VPN.
- Block orders from high-risk domains and unsafe countries.
- Protect against velocity attacks using reCAPTCHA
- Pre-purchase assessment of risks
- Change order status based on risk
- Authorising rules for Payment methods, User Roles and Emails.
- Be notified via email Alert system for admin and additional users based on risk scores.
- Confirm legitimate orders for purchases made from PayPal by sending a notification to the PayPal user.
- Check emails with high-risk domains
- Integrate QuickEmailVerification for checking risks associated with email addresses.
- Implement advanced fraud detection patterns:
- Order purchase limiter based on average order value
- Set number of allowed order attempts per certain number of hours
- Limit number of orders between a certain period of a day
- Fraud protection as your store grows:
- Reduce store management time by easily filtering out illegitimate orders.
- Integrate minFraud® services by MaxMind. AI fraud detection.
Stay Vigilant with Anti-fraud Analytics on our Insightful Dashboard!
- Discover recent fraudulent activities
- View Trends over a week
- What’s going on with the latest orders
- Emails blocked in 24 hours
- PayPal accounts under verification
- Complete unified information on fraudulent activities in one place.
Check the ‘risk’ of each order
WooCommerce Anti-Fraud automatically assigns a risk score to each order on a scale of 1 to 100. The higher the score, the greater the likelihood of the order being fraudulent. This is called the risk score.
Examining the risk score enables you to quickly evaluate the potential risk associated with the transaction and take the appropriate defensive actions. You can find the risk score and receive advice for each order directly within the WooCommerce admin panel.
Beneath the risk score, users can see any warnings linked to the order. The advice provided is related to the rules in place (for example, if a customer’s IP address doesn’t match the billing country). The higher this number is, the more likely it is that the order is potentially fraudulent.
Handling Fraud Effectively: Automatically cancel or pause suspicious orders
If a potentially fraudulent transaction is detected, the WooCommerce Anti-Fraud will automatically block or prevent these orders based on your specific configuration. The plugin can easily be configured to perform one or more of the following automated actions:
- Automatically Cancel the order.
- Automatically place the order On-Hold.
- Email Admin + Notify store of Suspect Order without changing the order status.
- Auto Blacklist email and other Order Details.
- Prevent Bank/Payment Gateway access (Pre-payment verification)
In the plugin’s settings, you can change when these actions are triggered according to their risk score. For example, you may only want to automatically cancel orders if their risk score is higher than 90.
Whitelisting of User Roles, Payment Methods and Emails
Bypass user roles, payment methods and emails from fraud rules by whitelisting them.
WooCommerce Anti-Fraud works out of the box – no need for additional rule configuration. We have defined a collection of default rules that automatically assess and scores each transaction. These pre-configured rules are suitable for most online stores. Moreover, you can easily customize the rules to suit your preferences with just a few clicks and to place higher or lower importance on specific factors/rules.
Pre-Purchase Assessment of Risk
Evaluate customers before they make actual purchases through your Payment Gateway.
Payment Gateway or Bank warning you about too many fraudulent transactions? Pre-payment Verification can help.
If the risk score reaches a high-risk order range, the customer order will be denied in advance, a custom message will appear on the checkout explaining the reason for denial. Add a custom message by typing in the text area in the pre-purchase setting.
Customize the importance of each risk factor
The WooCommerce Anti-Fraud plugin lets you assign a ‘risk weight’ to each risk factor. This means that you can decide how important each risk is and configure this to your specific sotore. The higher the risk weight for each category, the higher the consideration will be given to the rule in calculating the overall risk score when the risk is detected.
Anti-Fraud Plugin Features:
WooCommerce Anti-Fraud plugin has the following features:
- Manage Your Customers: First-time Purchase Rules
- Filter based on customer details: IP, Billing and Shipping Address-based Rules
- Customised to your site traffic: Set a list of unsafe countries
- Filter temp-emails, free domain emails: Be notified about suspicious email addresses
- Integrate with Paypal: Require verified PayPal accounts
- AI Fraud detection: Harness Power of Machine Learning with Maxmind minFraud® integration
- Auto-blacklist emails: Blacklist fraudulent email addresses
- Pre-payment checking: Cancel suspicious orders before they are processed
- IP & proxy checking: Detect multiple orders from the same IP address
- Admin notification: Notification to multiple email addresses for orders marked as fraudulent
- Verify order details: Order Quantity and Amount Check
First-time Purchase Rules
Identify first-time customers or their initial order in a processing state. This rule also allows you to
recognize new customers. Allow Antifraud to understand and make it easier for your existing clients to shop and repurchase.
IP, Billing and Shipping Address-based Rules
Identify threats based on IP, geolocation, phone number, proxy, billing and shipping addresses.
Physical and IP Address Comparison Rule
The IP address matching location option alerts you if the billing/shipping address doesn’t match the order location. This will help you check the legitimacy of the order against the other order details and orders.
Billing and Shipping Address Mismatch Rule
The Billing and Shipping Address rule is used to consider and add to the risk score if any customer provides different billing and shipping addresses.
Geolocation and Billing/ Shipping Address Comparison Rule NEW
Enabling this rule will request customers for HTML5 geolocation on checkout and when they submit orders anti-fraud plugin will compare it with their given billing/ shipping addresses. This will help you check the legitimacy of the order.
With the WooCommerce Anti-Fraud plugin, you can detect when an order is sent from behind a proxy. Many illegitimate activities online are performed using proxies, this indicator is of key consideration for enhancing security and trust in your online business.
Billing and Shipping address conflict indicator
WooCommerce Anti-fraud plugin’s Billing and shipping address conflict feature can help you reduce the payment frauds. You will be notified about the conflict on your order page whenever Anti-fraud plugin finds the conflict of this kind. If the Anti-fraud plugin detects a conflict like this, you’ll receive a notification on your order page.
Set a list of unsafe countries
Not selling worldwide? Experiencing orders from locations you do not currently serve? You can now defined and filter which countries are considered unsafe or high risk. If an order is placed from an unsafe country, it will be reflected in their risk score.
Be notified about suspicious email addresses
Enter a list of domains that are associated with fraudulent transactions. Users with email addresses under these domains will be considered a higher risk. This feature is useful for detecting customers who use disposable or temporary email services.
Require verified PayPal accounts
Limit PayPal payments to verified email addresses. The customer will receive a customizable email from your shop, prompting them to authenticate their PayPal account before the purchase can be shipped.
Harness the Power of Machine Learning with Maxmind minFraud® integration
WooCommerce Anti-fraud now includes integration with the Maxmind minFraud Score tools. Now, combine existing rules with a smart real-time risk score for each order. This feature gives you an extra layer of security by assessing orders for fraudulent activities using a smart machine learning algorithm by MaxMind. Enabling this feature, you will be notified about the status of the order when the risk score exceeds the threshold set in the minFraud Settings.
Blacklist fraudulent email addresses
You can easily blacklist emails that you know are unsafe. This will notify you when they place an order and allow you to put it on hold. Emails that have been linked to fraudulent purchases will automatically be added to this blacklist.
Cancel suspicious orders after they are processed
If an order’s risk score is high enough, the plugin can automatically change the order’s status from “Processing” to “Cancelled” or “On Hold”. The threshold for this can be changed within the plugin’s settings.
Detect multiple orders from the same IP address
If multiple orders are coming from the same location over a short period of time, they are much more likely to be illegitimate. WooCommerce Anti-Fraud allows you to see when this happens.
Notification to multiple email addresses for orders marked as fraudulent
You can set multiple email addresses to get notifications about the orders that have high fraudulent scores.
Ordered Quantity and Amount Check
These two features can help you reduce chargebacks effectively. You can set the maximum buying amount, number of products and even weighting based on the type of products you are selling to counter fraudulent activities.
- Fake email detection – Fake email addresses are closely linked with online fraud. We’re working on a feature which alerts you when a customer is using a fake or unsafe email address.