Due to restrictions put in place by card networks, our payment processors, and their financial service providers, some business types and product types are not allowed to transact using WooPayments. Those include but are not limited to the following:
- Virtual currency, including video game or virtual world credits
- Counterfeit goods
- Adult content and services
- Drug paraphernalia
- Tobacco (including e-cigarettes and vapes)
- Supplements supported by unsubstantiated claims
- Multi-level marketing
- Social media activity, like Twitter followers, Facebook likes, YouTube views
- Substances designed to mimic illegal drugs
- Firearms and ammunition
- Proprietary trading firms offering access to funded accounts
The full list of these businesses can be found in Stripe’s Restricted Businesses list.
By signing up to use WooPayments, you agree not to accept payments in connection with these restricted activities, practices, or products.
We also work to ensure that no prohibited activity is conducted on WooPayments. If we become aware of prohibited activity, we may restrict or shut down the account responsible.
Alcohol sales are permitted in some, but not all, instances. This page has more information.