WooPayments provides a way for eligible accounts to request an instant deposit of some or all of the account balance. After requesting an instant deposit, the money will arrive within minutes instead of days. Instant deposits can also be initiated any time.
Instant deposits are subject to additional fees. Please see our fees page for details.
To be eligible to request an instant deposit, your account must meet the following criteria:
- Based in the U.S.
- More than 90 days old.
- Processed more than $1,000 during the last 90 days.
- Under 1% of transactions disputed in the last 90 days.
- Use a debit card to receive deposits from your account.
NOTE: Participation in optional WooPayments features, such as instant deposits, is at the sole discretion of the WooCommerce team. Your account’s eligibility may differ from the above requirements.
The feature request portal is where the development team goes to look for future features and improvements.
To request an instant deposit:
- Go to Payments > Overview in your admin dashboard.
- Click the Deposit available funds button in the top section.
- A popup window will be displayed, showing the amount you have available for instant deposit and what the net deposit amount will be, given our instant deposit fees.
- Click Deposit now to initiate the instant deposit.
If the Deposit available funds button is visible in Payments > Overview, but appears disabled, then the balance may not be within the deposit limits explained below.
NOTE: Instant deposits are defined by the deposit amount and are not linked to specific transactions. As a result, transaction details for instant deposits are unavailable.
Unlike scheduled deposits, there is both a minimum and maximum deposit amount that can be processed through an instant deposit. The minimum instant deposit amount is $50, while the maximum can be up to $1000.
If the minimum instant deposit amount has not been reached, or if the maximum limit has been exceeded, the Deposit available funds button will be disabled.
NOTE: Only one instant deposit can be requested per day.
To request an instant deposit, you must have a debit card added to your account. To add a debit card, follow the instructions on this page for changing your deposit method, being sure to use a debit card instead of a bank account.
Nearly 6,000 banks in the U.S. support instant deposits. Banks that issue debit cards that do not support instant deposits are:
- Aba Card Solutions, Inc.
- Banco Coomeva S.A.
- Banco Popular De Puerto Rico
- Barrington Bank & Trust Company National Association
- Brenham Natl Bank
- Calvin B Taylor Banking
- Citizens Bank Swainsboro
- Cornercard Uk Ltd
- Dcb Bank Limited
- First Century Bank National Association
- Firstmerit Bank National Association
- Florida Capital Bank National Association
- Heartland Bank
- HSBC Bank USA, National Association
- J.P. Morgan Europe Limited
- Ky W Va Gas Co. Employees Federal Credit Union
- Madison County Bank
- Mb Financial Bank National Association
- Northbrook Bank & Trust Company
- Ravalli County Federal Credit Union
- Republic Bank
- Republic Bank of Chicago
- Sunrise Banks National Association
- Target Bank
- The Bank & Trust
- Tib The Independent Bankersbank
- Wesbanco Bank Inc.