Version 1.13 (in progress)
- Expand user membership API: Create / update / delete API endpoints for user memberships
- Update CLI integration: migrate to being powered by Memberships REST API
- Early renewals for subscription memberships: allow pre-expiration emails for subscription-tied memberships when using Subscriptions v2.3+
Features available in add-ons
- Group or company membership access: Teams for Memberships adds the ability to sell group, team, company, or family memberships. (completed idea 1, completed idea 2)
- MailChimp sync for members: MailChimp for Memberships automatically synchronizes membership lists and status with MailChimp for improved member communication. (completed idea 1, completed idea 2)
- Member roster: Member directory shortcode is a free plugin that lets you output lists of members or members by plan type (completed idea)
Features in Previous Versions
- Delayed membership start – Notify members when delayed memberships become active
- Inherit restrictions for child posts – Let child pages inherit restrictions (completed idea)
- REST API – Add API endpoints for developers so member data can be read or updated by external systems (completed idea)
- Free Shipping: Add the ability to restrict free shipping to members, or exclude members from certain free shipping methods (related idea).
- Batch processing: Improve some plugin processes for better support at scale (import, export, granting access to previous purchasers, updating email settings, etc).
- Expiration Emails: Send an email before and after the membership expires (completed idea). More advanced email integration is available in Follow Ups.
- Installment Plan support: ability to set membership length independent of the subscription so that a subscription can be used as a payment plan. (completed idea)
- Membership at Registration: add option to grant membership access to users at registration (eliminates need for free purchase). (completed idea)
- Membership set dates: Set start / end dates for memberships as an alternative to access length. (completed idea)
- CLI support: add WP CLI support for developers.
- Member CSV Import / Export: Adds support for exporting and importing membership lists via CSV (completed idea).
- My Membership Area: Adds a dedicated area to the “My Account” section to show the member all accessible content and benefits from the membership (completed idea)
- Admin transfers: Allow admins to transfer memberships from one user to another.
- Sign up fee discounts: option to apply member discounts to subscription signup fees.
- Improved wcm_restrict shortcode: improved shortcode to accept
start_after_trialattributes (completed idea)
- Member discounts: Member discounted prices are now displayed like sale prices to illustrate discount amount
- Member actions: My Membership actions removed for memberships tied to a subscription to force use of subscription actions
- “Make Public” action: Lets you exclude individual posts / content from restriction rules.
- Non-member shortcode: Adds a
[wcm_nonmember]shortcode that will display content only to non-members.
- Number / percent of members by plan (pie chart)
- Number / percent of members by status (pie chart)
- Length of membership / percentage (bar graph)
- Average membership length per plan
- and others
- Member activity: show last log in, login frequency this month
- member LTV (as customer or only as a member?)
- link to all orders for a member
- purchase activity: show if the member discount used for a purchase
- a better Member Notes UI to let rich editing
This can currently be achieved using a free add-on.This feature would allow you to set up dynamic pricing rules based on the user membership as you currently can with user roles and groups. View full details, make suggestions, or vote. Memberships currently has limited compatibility with bbPress, as outlined in our documentation. This feature would add the ability to restrict categories and apply that restriction to child forums, apply forum restrictions to any child topics, and add compatibility for the “Hide content only” restriction mode. It would also create the ability to restrict user profiles to members only. View full details, make suggestions, or vote. Memberships can only restrict BuddyPress pages (such as the registration page) or indices (such as the Groups index or Members list) when the “Redirect to page” mode is used. However, this won’t restrict “children” of these, such as a specific member profile. For example, you can restrict the “Groups” page, but a particular group can still be accessed directly by URL. This is because BuddyPress uses a custom data structure outside of WordPress post types. This feature would allow Memberships to restrict BuddyPress content directly as it does other custom post type content. View full details, make suggestions, or vote. We haven’t added these items to our idea board yet, but if you’d like to see any of these features, please let our team know so that we can gauge interest and add them for voting.
- Add the “Memberships” meta box to the add / edit taxonomy screen so taxonomies can be restricted from here like posts
- Add a bulk action to change the membership plan for the selected members
- Option to select a page to redirect to for restricted content when “Hide completely” mode is used