- Download the .zip file from your Woo.com account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New to upload the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Activate the extension.
- Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Integration > MailChimp
- Enter your MailChimp API Key.
- Enter your preferences:
- MailChimp List – Select a MailChimp list from the dropdown that you want WooCommerce to populate with email addresses.
- Checkout Subscription Text – Tell customers what they are subscribing to on the checkout page.
- Checkbox Label Text – Enter a subscription label to appear next to the checkbox, e.g., Subscribe.
- Double Opt-In (optional) – Tick the box if you would like customers to receive an email asking them to confirm their subscription.
- Debug Log – Tick the box to Enable Logging. Debug logs keep a file of all communication between WooCommerce and MailChimp and are useful for troubleshooting.
The WooCommerce MailChimp Integration uses a cookie in one place to track if an order was generated as the result of a campaign link from a MailChimp newsletter.
For the actual sending of the information to MailChimp, this is a direct request against MailChimp’s API.This feature isn’t currently supported. Vote for it or make a suggestion of your own at the WooCommerce Ideas Board. This is because those settings are accessible only once you buy MailChimp credits. Please note that you need to connect to MailChimp’s site to configure automation.