What we say is influenced by how we say it.
Voice and tone are both important, but they’re different.
- Voice is constant and reflects an identity.
- Tone changes depending on audience, circumstances, emotion and environment.
The Woo voice is human, plain speaking, and friendly. We aim to educate and empower users by using clear and consistent language to explain our products and services. Our voice is:
- Woo — Win Others Over by being approachable, knowledgeable, and fun
- Active voice — Jay coded our latest release. vs. The latest release was coded by Jay.
- Plain English — No slang, jargon or chat-speak (LOL, IDK, AFAIK)
- Positive phrasing — Remember your notes vs. Don’t forget your notes.