Smart Coupons provide a powerful, “all-in-one” solution for gift cards, store credits, discount coupons, and vouchers extending the core functionality of WooCommerce coupons.
This doc article explains how you can restrict the usage of a coupon to the specified user roles.
Restricting coupons by user roles is one of the best tricks to stop the misuse of a coupon. The coupon can only be used by specific people like your customers and subscribers.
- Go to your WordPress Admin panel. Click on Marketing > Coupons.
- Create a new coupon or open an existing one. Enter the required details.
- Go to the ‘Usage restriction’ tab.
- Look for the field ‘Allowed user roles’. Here, you need to choose the user role/s on which you want to allow the usage of this coupon. In this example, the coupon will get applied only if the user role is a ‘Subscriber’ or ‘Customer’.
- Look for the field ‘Exclude user roles’. Here, you need to choose the user role/s on which you want to exclude the usage of this coupon. In this example, the coupon will not get applied if the user role is a ‘Shop manager’.
- Publish or Save the coupon.