Smart Coupons provide a powerful, “all-in-one” solution for gift cards, store credits, discount coupons, and vouchers extending the core functionality of WooCommerce coupons.
This doc article explains how you can restrict the usage of a coupon to specific payment methods.
Some customers prefer only trusted/popular or their local payment gateway while making a purchase. Restricting coupons to these payment methods will encourage your customers to buy from you.
- Go to your WordPress Admin panel. Click on Marketing > Coupons.
- Create a new coupon or open an existing one. Enter the required details.
- Go to the ‘Usage restriction’ tab.
- Look for the field ‘Payment methods’. Here, search and select the payment method/s on which you want to allow the usage of this coupon. In this example, the coupon will get applied only when the customer selects PayPal or Stripe as the payment method.
- Set other coupon restrictions as per your requirements.
- Publish or Update the coupon.
Note: You can also club location and payment method restrictions for subscription coupons. For example, apply a 15% off recurring product discount coupon for six months only for customers in Europe and for payment method PayPal.