Download, install and activate the extension.
It is strongly recommended you initially use a staging/development environment and test the extension before use on a production website.
If you haven’t already, connect your store to your Woo.com account. This ensures you get extension update notifications when available.
- Perform the installation steps above
- Go to WooCommerce > Order Tags from your dashboard
- Create an order tag
- Click into the order tag you created
- Populate colors and any specific rules required which assign the order tag
- Save changes, this order tag will now be assigned to any future matching orders
- You can also apply the order tag manually when adding/editing an order
You can add or edit order tags, simply go to WooCommerce > Order Tags from your dashboard. You can add an order tag using the left section, once created click into the order tag to edit all the options.
When editing an order tag you can apply one or more “set on” automatic assignment conditions.
- On order placed – Sets the tag when an order is placed via checkout or adding an order via dashboard. Some payment methods may also immediately update the order after it has been placed e.g. to change order status once payment confirmed
- On order update – Sets the tag when an order is updated. If a tag is attempted to be removed manually from an order this may cause it to be restored automatically upon update if the “set if” conditions are met
- On order subscription renewal – Sets the tag when a subscription renewal order is created, requires WooCommerce Subscriptions, this option is only visible when the WooCommerce Subscriptions extension is active
You’ll then want to set some “set if” assignment conditions, if the order matches these conditions the order tag will be automatically assigned upon the “set on” conditions. There is also a set if mode option which can be used if required.
To manually assign order tags to an order there a few options:
- When editing an order you can manually apply any order tag by using the order tags meta box
- On the orders list you can select a number of orders and use bulk actions to assign a specific order tag
Note that if you have an automatic assignment rule on order update those rules may override the manual assignment you are applying e.g. if attempting to remove an order tag manually.
From the orders list you can see the order tags on each order, filter the list by a specific order tag and perform bulk actions.
When viewing an individual order the order tags are shown in the general section.
This information is for setting order tags on all your orders, if you simply want to select specific orders and bulk set order tags use bulk actions from the orders list instead.
There are 2 bulk order tag options, these allow you to set order tags on all orders in your store, this is useful if you want to set order tags on orders from before the Order Tags extension was installed or if you want to reset order tags on orders.
To use this functionality you must be logged into your WordPress dashboard and be a user who has the
manage_woocommerce capability, which administrators and shop managers have.
- Navigate to the order tags page (by clicking Order Tags from the dashboard menu)
- In the address bar add
&wcot_order_tags_set_tags_bulk=2to the end of the URL e.g.
&wcot_order_tags_set_tags_bulk=1will set order tags where not previously set
&wcot_order_tags_set_tags_bulk=2will remove all order tags from each order (including any manually added order tags) and then will set order tags where not previously set
- Press enter (as if you have typed in a web address and pressing enter to load the page)
- You will then see a notice that the order tags have been set
- We recommend navigation away from the current page (such as by clicking back to the WordPress dashboard), this is just to ensure you don’t refresh the page while still on the
wcot_order_tags_set_tags_bulkbased URL which would trigger another bulk set/reset
Note that if you have a large amount of orders then bulk set or reset order tags is not recommended due to potential time out issues due to the sheer amount of data.
It is recommended you take a backup of your website before using this functionality and test on a staging/development environment before doing this on a production website.
Note that it is not possible for some order tags to be set/reset on old subscription derived orders that were originally created automatically from subscriptions using the bulk set/reset functionality. This is because some of the data required to set the order tags is got from the parent subscription, however in this scenario that subscription may have since been updated with different data than was present at the time the old subscription derived order was placed, so if these order tags were set they might not be correct as the subscription has updated data, so some order tags on old subscription derived orders may not get applied where the data potentially may have been updated on the parent subscription.
The following information is provided for custom development purposes for web developers, they are useful if you wish to add custom features or modify how the extension works. As per the WooCommerce support policy we cannot offer any support for your use of these custom development features.
|Default hex code background color used for order tags if empty|
|Default hex code text color used for order tags if empty|
|Customer roles to include customers with custom roles in the set if customer field when adding/editing an order tag|
|Allows individual variations of a variable product to be selectable in the set if product order tag assignment field|
|Filter the |
|Array of term objects|
|Array of term objects|
|HTML string for specific order tag|
|Array, false or error|
- Frontend: Where elements may be displayed they will fit within the screen width
- Backend: Where interfaces may be displayed it is recommended to use a desktop computer with a resolution of 1920×1080 or higher. For lower resolutions any interfaces will attempt to fit within the screen width but some elements may be close together and/or larger than the screen width
This extension will generally be compatible with most themes. There may be a small number of themes that are fully or partially incompatible due to clashes in functionality and/or if the theme has removed or adapted core WooCommerce functionality. If you would like to know if a specific theme will be compatible before purchase then please contact us and we can advise, it may not be possible for us to determine this e.g. if the theme requires a license and/or several configuration steps. In this scenario you are welcome to purchase and test this extension with the theme and if there is a a compatibility issue you can take advantage of the refund policy for this extension.
This extension will generally be compatible with most extensions/plugins. There may be a small number of extensions/plugins that are fully or partially incompatible due to clashes in functionality and/or if the extension/plugin has removed or adapted core WooCommerce functionality. If you would like to know if a specific extension/plugin will be compatible before purchase then please contact us and we can advise, it may not be possible for us to determine this e.g. if the extension/plugin requires a license and/or several configuration steps. In this scenario you are welcome to purchase and test this extension with the other extension/plugin and if there is a a compatibility issue you can take advantage of the refund policy for this extension.
This extension will generally be compatible with most page builders. There may be a small number of page builders that are fully or partially incompatible due to clashes in functionality and/or if the page builder has removed or adapted core WooCommerce functionality. If you would like to know if a specific page builder will be compatible before purchase then please contact us and we can advise, it may not be possible for us to determine this e.g. if the page builder requires a license and/or several configuration steps. In this scenario you are welcome to purchase and test this extension with the page builder and if there is a a compatibility issue you can take advantage of the refund policy for this extension.
If you need any further assistance with this extension please contact us. Please note that extension support does not include providing assistance with any custom development requirements as per the WooCommerce Support Policy.