The Force Sells extension allows you to link products that are added to the cart together. This is useful for combining a service or required product with another.
For example, if you are selling mobile phone glass repair as a service, you can link a new glass display as a forced sell product.
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin with the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Install Now and Activate the extension.
More information at:.
Force Sells are configured within the Product Data > Linked Products area of the Edit product screen:
You can add a product to each by typing the name of the product you want to see added to the cart:
There are two different modes for forced sells:
- Force Sells
- Synced Force Sells
Both types of force sells can be used when creating a new product or editing an existing one, and selecting the Linked Products tab in the Product Data meta box.
Normal force-sell products are added to the cart along with the main product in the same quantity as the main product.
Added force-sell products can be removed and the quantity changed in cart by the customer.
Synced force-sell products work the same way as normal force sells. The difference is that customers can’t remove a synced force-sell from the cart or change the quantity. If the main product is removed, the synced force-sell products are removed.
Additional, the is the same for quantity. If the quantity of the main product is changed, the quantity for all synced force-sell products will change.
Although Force Sells and Synced Force Sells will show for Grouped Products, the functionality will not work as expected. Adding a parent product and its’ force sells to a grouped product results in only the parent product adding to the cart from the grouped product page.
If you want to use WooCommerce Force Sells to add only one force-sold item per product, use the following snippet in your theme’s
Something missing from this documentation? Do you still have questions and need assistance?
- Have a question before you buy this extension? Please fill out this pre-sales form – please include the name of this extension in your query.
- Already purchased and need some assistance? Get in touch with a Happiness Engineer via the Woo.com Support page and choose this extension name from the “I need help with” dropdown