Enable users to personalize their My Account page with the WooCommerce Customize My Account page plugin and help them improve navigation and user experience.
- Download WooCommerce Account Dashboard from your WooCommerce dashboard.
- At the WordPress admin panel, go to Plugins > Add New > Upload and select the ZIP file you just downloaded.
- Click Install Now, and then Activate Plugin.
To configure the extension, go to WooCommerce within the WordPress admin panel. You will find the Account Dashboard tab. Upon clicking, you will find three tabs General Settings, Custom Dashboard, and Prebuilt Dashboard.
In General Settings, you can set the template you want to display for customers, sidebar position, and manage style.
- Select Template: WooCommerce my account page has two template options Custom and Prebuilt Dashboard. You can select the template of your choice and display it at the front end for your customers. It enables you to customize my account page. The WooCommerce my account page customization feature provides users with the option to create a personalized design from scratch or to use a pre-built template.
- Custom Avatar: By enabling this option, you can allow users to display their avatars on their account dashboards and upload their preferred images. This feature can be disabled if you do not want users to be able to upload avatars.
- Sidebar Position: This option allows you to change the position of the menu. You can set the sidebar menu options to left or right according to your preference or store theme.
- Menu Icon Size: WooCommerce my account customization plugin allows you to set the size of the icon for the endpoint. It also enables you to increase or decrease the size of the endpoint icon for better visibility.
- Margin Between Menu Icon and Text: WooCommerce my account page allows you to set the margin between the icon and name of the endpoint. This feature allows you to adjust the endpoint minimizing the CSS and theme compatibility issue.
Next to the general settings tab, is the Custom Dashboard tab. Here, you can create and manage endpoints such as Group, Endpoint, Page, and Link.
- Endpoint: Allows you to edit default endpoints, change the name, and icons, and assign the specific endpoint to the user role. Include custom content in the endpoint to replace the default content.
- Group: Make the group of the multiple endpoints show the fewer items in the sidebar. You can include the icon for the group and enable it for specific user roles.
- Page: Create a page endpoint to display a specific page on the user dashboard.
- Link: Include a link endpoint to refer customers to specific products or pages. You can include a custom link in the endpoint.
The My Account Page provides options for customizing the appearance of both default and created endpoints.
How to Create or Customize the EndPoint?
You can easily create and customize the existing endpoint with the edit WooCommerce My Account page plugin. It allows you to include custom content with the help of a WSYING editor. Some of the options in the simple endpoints are:
- Label: Enter the custom label for the endpoint
- Icon: Select an icon from a variety of options to display alongside your endpoint.
- User Roles: Choose one or more user roles for which you want the endpoint to be visible. Leaving this field empty will make the endpoint visible to all user roles.
- Custom Content: Enter your personalized content in this section to show any information you desire under the endpoint. This could include hyperlinks, shortcodes, multimedia, text, and more.
How to Create or Customize the Group Endpoint With The Customize My Account for WooCommerce Plugin?
By selecting this option, you will be able to create a group of endpoints. It will act as a parent item and contain sub-items. There is no restriction on what endpoints can be included in the subitems.
For the creation of a new group, click the ‘Add Group’ button. Then enter the desired name for the group and press save to proceed.
As the new endpoint always appears at the end of the group, you can drag and drop the group to adjust its position. After setting the position click on the endpoint to customize.
Set the label, slug, icon, and user roles just like the above-mentioned simple endpoint. In the group endpoint, you can add multiple child endpoints by clicking on the ‘Add Childs’ field. It will display the list of the endpoint. You can include multiple endpoints.
How to Add a Page as An Endpoint?
Click on the Add Page button and set the custom endpoint name for the page you want to display on the WooCommerce my account page.
Set the label, slug, and user roles and choose the custom icon for the page endpoint. After that click on the custom page option and choose the page you want to display at the endpoint. You can also choose the pages which aren’t displayed in the store. You can enable open in new tab to display the page in the new tab.
How to Add the Link EndPoint with the WooCommerce Customize My Account Page Plugin?
Follow the same steps to create the endpoint and adjust the position of the endpoint. The configuration of the link endpoint is very similar to the page endpoint. You just need to include the custom link that you want to open upon clicking on the endpoint. You can also open the link in a new tab with the help of the open in new tab option.
The Prebuilt dashboard doesn’t offer the functionality to create new endpoints but can customize the existing endpoint. You can customize the endpoint according to your needs and preferences.
You can customize the name of the endpoint and enhance the visibility of the endpoints by assigning them custom icons. The customize my account page WooCommerce plugin also allows you to enable or disable the endpoint. Also, it empowers you to set the sorting order of the endpoints as per your preferences.