Set up WooCommerce, Xero, and Zapier to create a sales invoice when an order is placed on a WooCommerce store.
- A WooCommerce powered store.
- A Xero.com account: Xero is cloud-based accounting software designed for small businesses.
- A Zapier account: Zapier is a web-based automation tool that allows you to connect different apps and automate workflows.
- The WooCommerce Zapier extension: This plugin allows you to connect your WooCommerce store with Zapier.
To install and activate WooCommerce Zapier, follow the steps below:
- Purchase WooCommerce Zapier from the Woo.com marketplace.
- Follow our steps to install your purchase.
To create a Zap in Zapier, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Zapier website and create an account if you haven’t already.
- Click on Make a Zap in the top left corner of the screen.
- Choose WooCommerce as the trigger app and New Order as the trigger event.
- Connect your WooCommerce store to Zapier by following the prompts.
- Choose Xero as the action app and Create Invoice as the action event.
- Connect your Xero account to Zapier by following the prompts.
To map the fields in Zapier, follow the steps below:
- Choose the Xero account where you want to create that sales invoice.
- Map the relevant fields such as customer name (e.g. Billing Name & Billing Surname), invoice number (e.g. ID), line item title, price, and order totals.
- In the “Account Code” field, enter the account code for the Xero account where you want to add the sale to be recorded.
To test and enable the Zap, follow the steps below:
- Click on “Test and Continue” in Zapier.
- If the test is successful, click on “Turn on Zap” to enable the Zap.
- Place an order on your WooCommerce store to test the Zap.