- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New to upload the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Activate the extension.
- Add a new product (or edit an existing one).
- For “Simple Products”: Look for “Chained Products” field in “Linked Products” tab under “Product data”
- For “Variable Products”: Look for “Chained Products” field inside each variation
- Start typing name of a product you want to include in this bundle
- Select the exact product from the suggestions displayed
- Add as many products as you want and also set their quantities
- If you would like stock of chained products to reduce when the main product is order, tick “Manage stock for chained products?”
- Set up price and all other details for the main product as usual
- Click ‘Update’ or ‘Publish’ to save the changes
If you opted to manage stock for chained products, customers won’t be able to order this product if any of its chained products are out of stock.Chained products will be found under “Description” tab like this. You can customize Chained Products view part using it’s shortcode [chained_products]. Simple Product: In cart: On Order Complete page: On Order Admin page: In Order Completion E-mail: With Chained Products, it is now possible to achieve “Multiple Downloadable Product” in WooCommerce. Let’s take an example to understand it, suppose you have Monitors to sell that comes in different sizes. You have a common user guide for all monitors, but different warranty Terms & Conditions as document to be given along with Monitors. You’ll have to create products as follows:
- Create a “Simple-Downloadable” product, name it as “Monitor User Guide”, upload a file for it, say “Monitor User Guide.doc”.
- Create 2 different “Simple-Downloadable” product or a “Variable” product with 2 product variations, make them downloadable and upload different file for different “Warranty Terms & Conditions.” Note: Don’t forget to add price to these downloadable product, otherwise any one can download these product without paying. One of the great feature of Chained Product is that it will add these downloadable product as FREE when these product are associated as chained product.
- Create a new “Simple” or “Variable” products (or open existing product). Name it as “Monitors”. Give it a price.
- Locate “Chained Products” under “Linked Products” tab if it is “Simple” product or under “Variations” tab if it is “Variable” product.
- Search for and select downloadable product created above for User Guide and Terms & Conditions. Save the changes.￼
- That’s it! Your “Multiple Downloadable Product” is now configured!
- Configure simple chained products. For example: Here Dell Laptop Bag is a main product and we have Flexible USB LED Light as a chained product.
- On the product shop page, Dell Laptop Bag will look like this with its chained products.
- Now let’s see the nesting / re-usability of chained products. For example: Here we have Dell Laptop as main product and we have Dell Laptop Bag as a chained product, now because of nesting Flexible USB LED Light will also become a chained product of Dell Laptop.
- On shop page we can see both Dell Laptop Bag and Flexible USB LED are chained products of Dell Laptop. The quantity of chained products is dependent on it’s main product’s quantity.
This feature is available from Chained Products version 2.8.0+ & WooCommere 3.0.0+.
- Configure simple chained products. For e.g: Here, Shaving Kit is the main product that we are offering in a packaged deal. So, keep the main product price as zero.
- On the product shop page, Shaving Kit will look this with its chained products. The Shaving Kit price will be automatically calculated and shown to the user. Its price is calculated by adding up the prices of those chained items which has priced individually option enabled. In this case Shaving Brush, Razor and Blade have priced individually option enabled whereas Shaving Cream is offered for Free.
- On the Cart Page the Chained Products will look like this provided the chained products and it’s prices are not hidden on your store.
- On Order Complete page…
- On Order Admin page…
- Inside Order Complete E-mail
|price||yes / no||yes||show / hide prices of chained products|
|quantity||yes / no||yes||show / hide quantities of chained products|
|style||grid / list||grid||Display chained products in Grid view / List view|
|css_class||any custom class||You can add your custom CSS classes here. It’ll be applicable on container which holds chained products. You can add CSS properties to your custom class in your theme|
[chained_products price=”yes” quantity=”no” style=”grid”]
[chained_products price=”no” quantity=”yes” style=”list”]
[chained_products price=”yes” quantity=”no” style=”list”]
WP_LANG_DIRis already defined. If not, add following line in your
define ('WP_LANG_DIR', '/home/<user>/public_html/<wordpress_directory>/wp-content/languages');
- Now go to this path:
- Create a new directory and name it as
- Install and activate a free WordPress plugin – Loco Translate
- Navigate to
Loco Translate > Manage translationsfrom sidebar admin menu
- Locate WooCommerce Chained Products under Plugins
- Check if a language file for your language already exists. If it exists, click to edit OR if it doesn’t exist, click New language to add translation for your language
- Select your language from dropdown menu and click Start translating
- You’ll see 2 column: left containing texts from the plugin. Select one of them and add translated text for this from below. Repeat the steps for other texts also
- Once done, Save it using Save button. If sufficient permissions for saving are not there, download
- Upload these files to
- Make sure these files have proper read permission, otherwise texts will not be translated
- You can also place these
MOfile inside languages directory of the plugin, but it is not recommended, as you’ll loose it when you’ll update the plugin
- That’s it. Now Chained Products should display your texts.
Note: This screenshot is from version 2.7.0. This won’t be visible if you’re using the older version.This option will allow you to show/hide chained item(s) in cart, cart widget, checkout and order received page. This feature will be helpful when your store is selling an assembled item and you’ll have to maintain inventory of parts which are used in that assembled item. Your customer is only concerned about final assembled item, so you may not want to show them parts used, in cart, cart widget, checkout and order. Method 1: Changing via settings From Chained Products version 2.7.0 onwards you can control this option by navigating to WooCommerce > Settings > Products > Chained Products. Method 2: Changing via Database Option name:
sa_show_chained_items_to_customeris set to
no, chained items will not be visible in cart, cart widget, checkout and order, otherwise it’ll always be shown. Method 3: Changing via Custom Code From Chained Products version 2.4 onwards, you can use filter
sa_cp_show_chained_itemsto override this option. This option will allow you to show/hide price of chained item(s) in cart, cart widget, checkout and order received page. Enabling this option will show chained item(s) price as
sa_show_chained_item_priceis set to
yes, chained item’s price will be shown as
, otherwise chained item’s price will not be shown Note: To modify these values you can add or update a row in
yes / noMethod 3: Changing via Custom Code From Chained Products version 2.4 onward, you can use filter
sa_cp_show_chained_item_priceto override this option. What is HouseKeeping? To understand housekeeping consider a scenario wherein you trash a product B and the same product is chained to Product A (the parent product). In this case, the housekeeping functionality will auto remove the chained product B from parent Product A. Also, when you Restore product B it will be auto chained to parent product A. Method 1: Changing via Settings From Chained Products version 2.7.0 onwards you can control this option by navigating to WooCommerce > Settings > Products > Chained Products. Method 2: Changing via Database Prior to Chained Products version 2.7.0 this option can be enabled/disabled via database. Option name:
yesNote: It is recommend to keep this option enabled. Create many simple downloadable products, associate a downloadable file with each. Now create a new product and “chain” all downloadable products you want to the new product. Also you can refer Configuring Multiple Downloadable Products
- If your product is of type ‘Simple’, then chained product fields will be visible under Product data > Linked Products.
- If your product is of type ‘variable’, then chained product fields will be visible under Product data > Variations, under each of the variation.
- Make sure you are using latest version of Chained Products mentioned here.
- Go to the product that you are creating/editing and save it once. You should be able to see Chained Products fields.
- The price you specify for the main product is what the customer pays. If you specified a special price for the main product, then that’s what people will pay. Click here to know how to set it up.
- Priced Individually: Here you can mark each chained item as priced individually. That way, the chained item’s price will be added to the bundle’s price (if specified). Click here to know how to set it up.