Boutique is a child theme for Storefront
, the official WooCommerce theme. It delivers a traditional, simple design that is perfect for smaller stores and boutiques.
A WordPress child theme is a theme that inherits the functionality of another theme, called the parent theme. Child themes allow you to modify, or add to the functionality of that parent theme. —WordPress Codex: Child Themes
Boutique is a Storefront child theme, so you first need to install and set up Storefront and then Boutique afterwards.
- Download Storefront for free by at WordPress.org.
- Download Boutique from your Woo.com account at My Downloads.
- On your website, go to Appearance > Themes and click the Add New button.
- Click Upload to upload the Storefront .zip file from step 1.
- Go to Appearance > Themes to Activate.
- Repeat steps 3-5 for theBoutique theme from step 2.
More information at: Installing and Configuring Storefront.
Once installation is complete, it’s time to configure and set up your theme.
More info at: Storefront theme documentation
and WordPress child themes in the WordPress Codex
To set up the homepage, see Storefront Homepage Template
The Boutique variation of the Storefront homepage templates differs to the default version in a couple of key areas:
- The Boutique homepage template includes a sidebar so you can display widgets.
- Recent, Top Rated and On Sale products are displayed adjacent to the sidebar.
- Above both of these content areas is a full-width section that includes the homepage content and any Featured products.
There are no specific image size requirements for Boutique, but we provided the images sizes used on our demo for reference.
- Catalog Images: 500 x 500 px
- Single Product Image: 800 x 800 px
- Product Thumbnails: 150 x 150 px
WooCommerce Product Image settings are found at Appearance > Customize > WooCommerce > Product Images
. More at: Managing Product Images
More information on WooCommerce image sizes can be found at:
It’s possible to import WooCommerce Dummy Data
to populate your site with demo products as a starting point.
We do not supply the exact images you see in our Boutique demo due to copyright restrictions. The WooCommerce Dummy Data instead comes with our own unique unrestricted images that we can redistribute within product import data.
The Storefront Designer extension applies it’s style settings specifically to the default Storefront design. Because this child theme features a significantly different design those settings are simply not compatible and therefore the designer extension is completely disabled in this particular child theme.
The Storefront WooCommerce Customizer extension applies certain settings that may not be compatible in all child theme designs. Because this child theme homepage features a different design some settings are simply not compatible and the Homepage settings have been disabled in Boutique due to this.
All other settings that are in the Storefront WooCommerce Customizer Documentation
are available though.
If you don’t want to display content simply don’t add any. To hide the title, you can use Storefront Title Toggle
which gives you the ability to hide the page title on any page across your site.
Have a question before you buy? Please fill out this pre-sales form.
Already purchased and need some assistance? Get in touch with a Happiness Engineer
via the Help Desk.